2024 COMMITTEE SIGN UPS
Looking for a good way to invest in yourself and your real estate community? LAR offers a diverse number of committees to get involved with—and we are now accepting applications for 2024! Here’s what you can expect from joining a committee:
- Help make decisions related to association and/or community-related initiatives.
- Get to know and work alongside your fellow members and LAR staff.
- Volunteer for LAR-related events*.
- Get a sneak peek into the association’s organizational structure and explore potential pathways to leadership
Take a moment to learn more about our committee offerings below. Then, simply fill out the committee member application. The deadline for applications is Wednesday, November 15.
*events related to specific committees.
LAR Committees Description
Your Title Goes Here
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
The Community Outreach Committee selects and completes yearly projects that address community concerns and major social issues that affect the quality of life in the community.
The Committee shall, with review and advice from LAR Legal Counsel, monitor and keep the LAR forms library updated, adding new forms when necessary. All changes and additions will be submitted to the Board of Directors for final approval.
Inclusive Member And Engagement (New in 2024)
The Committee shall coordinate activities related to increasing the overall diversity and inclusiveness of LAR volunteers and leadership to ensure LAR is an inclusive organization with programming to meet the needs of our diverse community.
The President shall appoint, subject to the confirmation by the Board of Directors, an MLS Committee of at least five (5) but not more than eleven (11) REALTOR® members charged with the supervision of the Lynchburg Multiple Listing Service in accordance with its Rules and Regulations and make recommendation for any policy changes and/or changes in the Rules and Regulations to the Board of Directors for final approval. It shall meet monthly (usually preceding the Board of Directors meeting, or as called by the Chair) at the Association office. It shall identify services to be provided by MLS as a benefit to membership. The Committee will research and disseminate information on useful technologies to help elevate members’ understanding and acceptance of these new technologies. The Committee shall monitor all violations of MLS Fine Policy. It shall monitor and address all vendor issues.
PR and Marketing
The Committee will devise a plan and implement it to promote the REALTOR® brand and the LAR brand to consumers in the local community.
Program and Education
The Committee shall:
- Plan and select all speakers/entertainment for all monthly membership meetings/functions; work in partnership with other appropriate Committees to encourage and promote member participation in monthly programs; and assist LAR staff in preparations for meetings/functions
- Be responsible for the content, scheduling, and instructors for quarterly new member introduction sessions. Content to be reviewed on an annual basis.
- Offer designation courses such as ABR, GRI, CRS.
- Assist members in understanding CE and/or PL educational requirements
- Make members aware of the resources available on the websites of the local, State, and National Associations to help them stay on the cutting edge of today’s real estate business.
- Plan and implement activities to recognize “Fair Housing Month” (April) For example: fair housing seminar for the public; billboard(s); and articles in local media; provide members tools that enable them to target their services to different cultures and generations; keep members ever mindful of the importance of abiding by Fair Housing Laws in conducting real estate business.
RPAC and Governmental Affairs (New Format in 2024)
The Committee shall promote and assure REALTOR® awareness of the importance of RPAC and solicit contributions from members to achieve local goal set by the State Association.
The Committee shall be responsible (with final approval by the Board of Directors) for the maintenance of the Association’s website (www.lynchburgvarealtors.com).